Ecobank EDC account holders now have a new easy way of topping up their accounts.
Ecobank EDC investment portfolio fund managers have released a new account top-up (deposit) method for its cherished customers. EDC has three major account types for its customers; Fixed Income Unit Trust, Money Market Unit Trust, and Balanced Fund. Initially, for account holders to top up their accounts, they need to walk to any of the Ecobank branches across the country and do the top-up. Those with Ecobank Mobile App are also able to do the top-up using the App.
Now to make the top-up easier, Ecobank EDC has added MTN MoMo wallet top-up. All you have to do is to follow the given guidelines below:
- Dial *170# on MTN and select option 2 (NB: You must be a registered MTN Mobile Money user)
- Select ‘Pay Bill’ under the MoMo Pay and Pay bill option
- Select option 5 (General Payment) under Pay bill submenu
- Enter EDC account details in this format:
- (Product name e.g. EDCFIF for EDC Fixed Income Unit Trust; or EDCBF for the EDC Balanced Fund, or EDCMM for EDC Money Market Unit Trust)
- Leave a space and then enter your seven-digit EDC account number. Example: EDCFIF 00259944
5. Ensure the name on your Ecobank EDC Account appears before entering your desired amount to top-up.
6. Enter your full name in the reference.
7. Enter your MoMo PIN to confirm the investment top-up. You will receive a notification from EDC once your top-up is credited to your account.