Being under quarantine can be frightening. The following should be done to reduce anxiety
- Talk to the other members of the family about the COVID-19. Understanding the disease will reduce anxiety.
- Reassure young children using age-appropriate language.
- Think about how you have coped with difficult situations in the past and reassure yourself that you will cope with this situation too. Remember that quarantine won’t last for long.
- Keep in touch with family members and friends via telephone, email or social media.
- Stock plenty of materials to read to keep your mind occupied.
- Exercise regularly from your quarantine area.
- Ensure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to keep hydrated.
- Eat all your meals in a timely manner.