This year, BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology.
The scholarships are renewable – winners who continue to meet the criteria are eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship.
Five scholarship runners-up will be eligible for a $1,500 BAM technology stipend based on need.
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (African American or African).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply
To apply for a BAM Scholarship, fill out the online application and attach the following items by March 8, 2019.